Upgrade to Magento 2.4.3
- May 16, 2022
- Posted by: Vijay Golani
- Category: Uncategorized
Post pandemic, eCommerce has seen tremendous growth across the globe and in different industries. It is vital for an eCommerce business to be secure and fast loading in order to increase customer demand. Magento is one of the leading eCommerce platforms to develop an online store. There are around 186720 websites running on the Magento platform. In order to secure and optimize the performance, Magento is releasing the latest version almost every quarter. Magento has released 2.4.0 on July 28, 2020. After that, it has been releasing minor updates, and currently, it is running with version 2.4.3-p1.
Here are some obvious benefits of why you should upgrade your older Magento 1 or Magento 2 Version to the latest Magento version:
- Enhanced functionality,
- New features,
- Security improvements,
- Bug fixes – serve a better shopping experience to your store customers.
- Better Performance
- Improve infrastructure
In the following table, you can see the different Magento version support periods. Now if you are running with the Magento older than version 2.4.3, it is the best time to check what can be the issues, complexity and upgrade it to 2.4.3 so that in March 2022 when the Magento releases version 2.4.4, it becomes very quick and easy for you to upgrade your store and secure it.
Now let’s have a look at the major updates in this release which are reasons to upgrade to Magento 2.4.3.
Magento 2.4.3 Releases Highlights
Magento 2.4.3 brings lots of enhancements to security, performance, and platform improvements. Security enhancements include the extension of reCAPTCHA and the built-in rate limiting. Core composer dependencies and third-party libraries are upgraded with the latest versions which can work with the PHP 8.x.
Magento 2.4.3 release includes 370 new fixes in the core code and 33 security improvements. It includes the resolution of 290 GitHub issues by the Magento Community members.
Substantial Security Enhancements:
- There are 33 security fixes and platform security improvements. These help close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
- A new Composer plugin will now prevent dependency confusion and identify the malicious packages with the same names as the internal packages on the public package repository.
- Rate limiting is now built-in to Magento APIs. This will help to prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
- ReCAPTCHA capabilities are now extended to more pages.
Infrastructure Enhancement: This time Magento release covers the enhancements that improve the quality of the framework and the following areas in the Magento:
- Customer Account
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
- Promotions and Targeting
- Core Composer dependencies and third-party libraries are upgraded with the latest versions which are compatible with PHP 8.x.
- The KnockoutJS library is upgraded to v3.5.1.
- The deprecated TinyMCE v3 library has been removed. The Magento_Tinymce3Banner module and MFTF tests related to TinyMCE v3.x are removed from Adobe Commerce.
- Magento Open Source 2.4.3 is checked, tested, and confirmed to work with Redis 6.0.12.
- Laminas library dependencies are also upgraded with the PHP 8.x – compatible versions. Some redundant dependencies are removed from the composer.json file. Now the Magento Open Source 2.4.3 makes the use of Laminas 3.4.0.
This release now covers the enhancements that decrease indexation time for the Product Price and Catalog Rule indexers. Magento Merchants can now ignore a website from the customer group or shared catalog, which can help to minimize the number of records for indexing and improve the indexing times.
Adobe Stock Integration
This release now includes the Adobe Stock Integration with the version v2.1.1.
This release adds GraphQL coverage for shared routes. The route query and RoutableInterface support routing requests on the product, category, and CMS pages. The urlResolver query is deprecated. Its functionality is superseded by the route query. The GraphQL in Magento 2.4.3 now includes the API for the following areas:
- Gift Registries
- Negotiable Quotes
- Shared Catalogs
- Wish lists
- Shared Routes
Vendor Developed Extensions
There are some updates on the features of the following vendor-developed extensions. Please click on each extension to get more updates.
- Amazon Pay
- dotdigital Engagement Cloud
- Yotpo Product Reviews
Live Search is now powered by Adobe Sensei. The use of Adobe Sensei help to create a unique experience to perform a deep analysis of aggregated visitor data.
Magento 2.4.3 introduces the B2B v1.3.2 which includes new features and multiple bug fixes in the following areas:
- Company Credit
- Quick Order
- Negotiable Quote
- Purchase Orders
- Requisition Lists
- Shared Catalog
You can get more information about the enhancements and bug fixing on the PWA studio and its compatibility with the Magento by clicking on the following links:
Upgrade Compatibility Tool
The scope of this tool is now expanded based on the feedback from the community.
Cloud Managed Service Updates
This release is having improvements to support Amazon Simple Store Service (AWS S3) and Amazon Aurora cloud managed services. It provides certified support for the following AWS Services:
- AWS ElastiCache
- AWS ElasticSearch
- AWS Managed Queues (Rabbit MQ)
Now Magento Open Source comes with the Page Builder as a bundled extension. Page Builder will be now the built-in content editing tool for Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 and Magento Open Source 2.4.3. It can now be used as content editing too for any third-party module.
Page Builder replaces the TinyMCE editor in the following Admin areas:
- CMS Block
- CMS Page
- Product Description
- Category Description
Magento is continuously focusing on providing business value to the merchants and making sure that customer gets a fast, secure, and reliable experience on the storefront. Evrig recommends all the Magento merchants keep their store upgraded with the latest versions for better performance, security, and feature enhancement. If you need any strategic help in upgrading your store to Magento 2.4.3, please contact us. We would be happy to help you. Evrig team follows the upgrade best practices defined by the Magento.